Ⅰ. Basic information about the race
(Ⅰ) Race date and departure time
START 7:30, March 22nd, 2020
(Ⅱ) Race events
Marathon (42.195 km），Half-marathon（21.0975 km），Mini-marathon（5 km）
Ⅱ. Applicants’ qualifications
(Ⅰ) Age requirements
1. Marathon event, aged above 20 (born before Dec. 31, 2000);
2. Half-marathon event, aged above 18 (born before Dec. 31, 2002);
3. Mini-marathon event, aged above 3 (born before Dec. 31, 2017);
Cautions: With regard to minors (less than 18 years old) who sign up for the race, their custodians or legal representatives must sign the Participation Notes and Underage Insurance Notification for the Race on the site before the participants can collect race kits and participate in the race. With regard to minors aged less than 16 who sign up for the race, their custodians or legal representatives must sign up for the same event and accompany the participants all the time; otherwise, the participants cannot collect race kits or pass the roll-call to participate in the race.
(II) Requirement for the physical status of participants
Marathon is a high-load, high-intensity and long-distance competitive sport, and is also a high-risk competitive sport, with a high requirement for the physical status of participants. Participants shall be physically healthy and shall have the foundation of long-term participation in running exercise. Those with the following physical status shall not apply for the competition:
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebral vascular diseases;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia;
6. Having caught a cold within two weeks before the date of competition;
8. Other diseases unsuitable for sports.
The Organizing Committee demands each participant to receive physical examination at a hospital at or above the county level before the competition. Only those whose examination result is “healthy” can participate in the competition; otherwise, the participants shall be individually responsible for any personal injury or property loss attributed to their personal physical status or any other personal status.
Ⅲ. Application-related information
(Ⅰ) Time of application
10:00, Dec. 10th, 2019 to 17:00, Dec. 17th, 2019
(Ⅱ) Time for publicizing the lot-drawing results
On the afternoon of Dec. 24th, 2019
(Ⅲ) Time of payment
From the publicity of the lot-drawing results to 17:00, Dec. 31st, 2019
(IⅤ) Fee of application
Chinese Nationality (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan)
(V) Way of application
1. The total number of applicants for Marathon shall not exceed 22,000. The total number of applicants for Half-marathon shall not exceed 10,000. The total number of applicants for Mini Marathon shall not exceed 3,000. If the total number of applicants for an event exceeds the above quota, the qualifications for the race shall be acquired in the way of lot-drawing + alternate.
2. Process of application: log into the official website to fill in the application information→ select the event for participation→ read the Statement of Race Participation → fill in the participation information→ wait for lot-drawing → the lot-winning participants pay the application fee to obtain the participation qualification / the lot-losing participants pay the application fee to obtain the alternate qualification.
3. Way of drawing: The result of drawing will be announced on the afternoon of Dec. 24th, 2019, and the alternate codes of winners and losers will be selected at one time. The applicants can logo on the official website of the race after he result of the draw is announed.
4. The lot-winning participants need to pay the application fee prior to 17:00, Dec. 31st, 2019; otherwise they shall be regarded as having waived their participation qualifications on their initiatives. The vacant quota will be released to the participants whose alternate codes rank in the front after 10:00, Jan. 1st, 2020.
5. The lot-losing participants who agree to queue up as an alternate also need to pay the application fee prior to 17:00, Dec. 31st, 2019; otherwise they shall be regarded as having waived their alternate chance on their initiatives. The relevant alternate serial numbers will not be reserved.
6. Alternation and withdrawal from the application:
（1）Alternation mechanism: If the participants who have acquired the participation quota cannot participate in the race at last, they can go through the withdrawal formalities on the official website. After they withdraw, the participants whose alternate serial numbers rank in the front will replace them.
（2）Refund rules: Each participant can complete the refund application by clicking on the “Exit Registration” button on the homepage of the official website to deal with. In case of withdrawal on or before Feb. 15th, 2020, 80% of application fee will be refunded. In case of withdrawal from Feb. 16th, 2020 to Feb. 29th, 2020, 50% of application fee will be refunded. Within one week after the withdrawal application is submitted, the application fee will be refunded to the account to which the relevant contestant paid at the time of application. The withdrawal formalities shall be completed prior to Feb. 29th, 2020.
With regard to the participants who fail to become a candidate successfully after Feb. 29th, 2020, the Organizing Committee will, within one week, fully refund their application fee to the account to which the relevant participants paid at the time of application.
No application for the charity quota shall be accepted after the quota is fully reached. Once the application is confirmed, no refund request will be accepted.
(VI) Drawing rules
1. The quota of "elite pass-through" is set for this race, including 3,000 for marathon and 600 for half-marathon. According to the registration status of each category of the previous race, the number of pass-through for marathon is as follows:
More than 60
Participants who have registered for the marathon events will be ranked according to the marathon result data of any CAA-certified "A1 race" which can be found on the website: runchina.org.cn and will be held on Nov. 1st 2019.The results of each age group will be announced at the same time with the result of the lottery.
The number of pass-through participants for the half-marathon is as follows:
More than 60
Participants who have registered for the half-marathon events will be ranked according to the half-marathon result data of any CAA-certified "A1 race" which can be found on the website: runchina.org.cn and will be held on Nov. 1st , 2019.The results of each age group will be announced at the same time with the result of the lottery.
2. The participants who have applied for any race of Wuxi Marathon for at least five sessions from 2014 to 2019 and having acquired the participation qualification (excluding the participants applying for refund after acquiring the participation quota) can be exempted from lot-drawing and can directly get the participation qualification.
3. There are 300 & 200 charity quotas in the marathon and half-marathon respectively, and those who apply for charity quotas will be exempted from the lottery and qualified directly.
4. To invited athletes, official pacers, title sponsors, sponsors, partners and official media, the Organizing Committee will uniformly allocate a certain amount of participation quota
(VII) The measures for the handicapped participants’ application for the race
With regard to the measures for the handicapped participants’ application for the race, please refer to the relevant provisions of the Notice on Participation of Handicapped Participants in National Marathon and Related Sport Competitions on the official website of Chinese Athletics Association;
1. Considering the course conditions, a group of racing wheelchairs will not be set for this race, that is, racing wheelchair participants will be prohibited from participating in this race.
2. While applying for this race, the handicapped participants (including non-racing wheelchair ones) must reach the age and health requirements for the participants of various races of 2020 Wuxi Marathon, pay the application fee according to the application requirements, and participate in the unified application lot-drawing after the quota of application for the race is exceeded.
3. Before starting to run, participants with visual disorders, aural disorders, intellectual disability or upper-limb disability shall rally and roll-call in the corresponding zone together with healthy participants. The participants of non-racing wheelchairs and the participants pushing strollers for the race must assemble at the back of mini-marathon assembly zone.
4. For the safety of all participants, participants with visual disorders must be accompanied by running companions all the way during the race, and other handicapped participants and non-racing wheelchair participants are also suggested to invite running companions for the race. All running companions must be selected from the participants who have won the lots during the application for the race, and a request can also be made to the Organizing Committee for assisting in recruiting the running companions.
(VIII) Mode of payment
All participants in the race can make payment via Alipay, Wechat or Paypal.
Ⅳ. Race kits collection
(Ⅰ) The time of collection
10.00~20.00, March 19th, 2020
9.00~20.00, March 20th, 2020
9.00~21.00, March 21st, 2020
(No kits collection on race day morning. Please make proper schedule.)
(Ⅱ) The collection place
Wuxi Taihu International Expo Center
(Ⅲ) Vouchers for collection
1. The participants from mainland China must bring along with them the originals of the resident ID cards within their valid period;
2. Participants from Hong Kong (China) and Macao (China) shall bring with them the originals of the permits for residents of Hong Kong and Macao to travel to and from the mainland;
3. Participants from Taiwan (China) must bring along with them the originals of the permits for Taiwan residents to travel to and from the mainland
4. participants who are not of Chinese nationality must bring along with them the originals of their passports;
5. With regard to minors without ID cards, their guardians or legal representatives must bring along with them the originals of their guardian certificates and the originals of their household registers, and go through the formalities for race kits collection together with the participants themselves.
With regard to those who do not have the above-mentioned certificates will be prohibited from collecting race kits.
(Ⅳ) Notes for collection
The race kits must be collected by the participants themselves. On the site of collection, the face recognition technology will be used to confirm the participants’ identities one by one. With regard to the participants who are inconsistent with their certificates, the Organizing Committee will refuse to distribute kits to them.
(Ⅴ) Notes for collection and race kits mailing
1. The applicants who cannot participate in the race at last for some reasons can apply for the mailing service of the kits of race other than the number bib, chips and wristband after the race via the official website of the race, and shall pay for the mailing on their own. Please pay attention to the Public Notice on the official website after the race for the detailed mode of application.
2. The chips, number bib and wristband of participants shall only be personally collected by the participants themselves. The participants must bring along with them the originals of their effective ID cards to collect race kits. On the site of collection, the participants shall be verified in comparison with their certificates. In case of any mismatching, the Organizing Committee will have the right to refuse to distribute kits of race to them. No race kits collection on the race day morning. The participants must arrive at the designated place to collect race kits within the designated period.
3. The clothing size information of participants will not be collected at the time of application. The participants shall select the clothing of the corresponding sizes as needed on the site of issuance;
4. Collection by proxy is rejected for this race.
(Ⅵ) Notes for the event wristband
As important vouchers for the participants to participate in the race and receive the finish items. Wristbands must be put by the site staff on the participants on the site of collection. The participants shall not take off, damage or transfer the wristbands on their own; otherwise the Organizing Committee shall have the right to deny the participants’ access to the “starting area”, and shall have the right to refuse to distribute finish items to the participants whose wristbands bear any obvious damage sign.
V Contacts of the Organizing Committee
(I) Service Tel: 400-99-42195 Ext. 1
(Work Time: 9:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday)
Wuxi Marathon Organizing Committee
December 10th, 2019