(i) Race date and start time
7:30am, October 20, 2018
Marathon (42.195km), half marathon (21.0975km), mini marathon (5km)
(i) Age requirements
1. Minimum age for marathon: 20 (born before December 31, 1998);
2. Minimum age for half marathon: 18 (born before December 31, 2000);
3. Minimum age for mini marathon: 12 (born before December 31, 2006);
Notes: Juveniles under 18 who sign up for the event shall sign the disclaimer in the presence of their guardians or legal agents on the spot before claiming the competition items.
(ii) Physical Requirements
Marathon, as a competitive sports event that features higher load, strength, and longer distance carrying higher risks, is physically demanding for participants. The participants shall be physically excellent by the long-term experience of distance running. Anyone who are affected by following conditions are not recommended to participate:
1. Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease;
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and server irregular heartbeat;
6. Having cold symptoms two weeks prior to the race;
8. Other diseases disabling the sports.
The Organizing Committee requires each entrant to go to a hospital above the county level for a physical examination before the race. Otherwise, the personal injury and property loss caused by personal body or other personal reasons shall be borne by the entrants themselves.
(i) Registration period
10:00, August 27, 2018-22:00, September 5, 2018
(ii) Announcement time of draw
Afternoon, September 12, 2018
(iii) Payment time
From the date on which the draw result is publicized to 22:00, September 17, 2018
(v) Registration fee
China (inclusive of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan)
Marathon for charity
(vi) Registration methods
1. The marathon has a limit of 15,000 entries, and the half marathon 10,000 entries. When entries exceed the limit, participants will be chosen by lottery. The limit for mini marathon is 50,000 entries, no more applicants will be accepted after it is reached.
2. Registration procedure: Log on the official website to complete registration information→select race event entries→read the race statement →complete race information→ wait for draw→lot-winners pay the entry fee and qualify for the race/lot-losers pay the entry fee to get an alternate qualification.
3. Draw methods: Draw will be carried out on September 12, and the codes for lot-winners and alternate lot-losers will be determined. The draw results will be Announced on the same day and the applicants can refer to the official website of the race.
4. The lot-winners shall pay the registration fee before 22:00 on September 17, otherwise, the applicants shall be automatically disqualified. The quota will be released to the candidate ranked first after 22:00 on September 17.
5. The alternate lot-losers shall also pay the registration fee before 22:00 on September 17, otherwise, they will be deemed as waiving the candidate opportunity, with their candidate number not reserved.
6. Alternate and registration withdraw:
(1) Alternate mechanism: If the entrants who have obtained the race quota can not participate the race, they may handle the exit procedure on the official website. In case of withdrawal, the alternate entrant ranking first will replace them.
(2) Refund rules: the participants shall click on the "deregistration" on home page of the official website, and type and input their ID number and mobile number verification for refund. 80% of payment will be refunded by September 30, 2018 (inclusive) to the participants' accounts within one week after the application, and after the date above, no payment will be refunded.
The standby applicants who fail to be selected after October 7, 2018 for the event will be refunded in full to their accounts within one week after the date above by the Organizing Committee.
The charity quota will be suspended upon expiry and once the registration is confirmed, no drawback application is accepted.
(vii) Draw rules
1. According to the Implementation Measures for Ranking of Marathon and Related Entrants in China issued by the Chinese Athletics Association, those who have achieved the "elite" level will be directly qualified for the race, exempted from the draw, with the specific measures are as follows:
(1) Entrants for the marathon: Their any marathon performance in "A1 race" authenticated by the athletics associations has achieved "elite level", which is available on the "China Marathon" website as of July 31, 2018;
The performance criteria for elite marathon entrants are as follows:
Younger than 29 years old
Over 65 years old
(2) Entrants for the half marathon: Their any half marathon performance in "A1 race" authenticated by the athletics associations has achieved "elite level", which is available on the "China Marathon" website as of July 1, 2018;
The performance criteria for elite half marathon entrants are as follows:
Younger than 29 years old
Over 65 years old
2. A quota of 200 charity entrants is available in this Marathon and they will be directly qualified for the race. Once the charity quota is confirmed, no withdrawal is accepted.
3. Guest athletes, official speed allocating personnel, title sponsors, sponsors, partners and official media shall be allocated by the Organizing Committee.
(viii) Registration methods for disabled applicants
It shall follow the relevant provisions of the Circular on the Participation of Disabled participants in National Marathons and Relevant Events published on the official website of the Chinese Athletics Association:
1. Due to the limit of the route, this race does not offer the wheelchair event.
2. The disabled applicants (including non-sports wheelchair users) shall qualify for the events of 2018 Xi'an International Marathon in terms of the age and physical conditions, and pay the registration, and be subject to the lottery when the entrants exceed the limit.
3. Ahead of racing, the visually/audio/mentally challenged participants and the more serious shall gather at particular zones for roll call with the regular ones. In order to ensure the safety of the non-sports wheelchair participants and other participants, the wheelchair participants shall gather for roll call in the zone designated by the organizing committee.
4. In order to ensure the safety of all participants, visually challenged participants shall be accompanied by a runner throughout the route, and it is suggested that other disabled participants and the non-sports wheelchair users should be accompanied by runners. The accompanying runners may be selected from the registered participants, and they may be applied with the organizing committee.
(ix) Modes of payment
Alipay, Wechat, PAYPAL.
(i) Race bag pick-up time
14:00~20:00, October 17
9:00~20:00, October 18
9:00~21:00, October 19
(No on-site pick-up is available on the morning of the race day. Please arrange your schedule in advance)
(ii) Race bag pick-up place
Yudao Square, Daminggong National Heritage Park, Xi'an
(iii) Pick-up certificate
1. The mainland Chinese entrants shall hold original ID card;
2. Hong Kong, Macao entrants shall hold original Entry Permit for traveling to the mainland;
3. Taiwan entrants shall hold original Entry Permit for traveling to the mainland;
4. The non-Chinese entrants shall hold the original passport.
Those who fail to present original certificate above will have no access to obtaining race items.
(iv) Pick-up notes
The race items shall be claimed by the entrants themselves through verification by face recognition technology on the site. The Organizing Committee will refuse to provide the items to such entrants as whose certificate is not their own.
(v) Instructions for pick-up and post
1. If entrants fail to participate the race, he/she can apply for the post service of the materials other than the number cloth, chip and race wristband through the race website after the race. The post fee incurred shall be paid by entrants themselves.
2. Entrants' chips, number cloth and race wristband shall be claimed by entrants themselves by means of original ID card. The Organizing Committee has rights to refuse to provide the items to such entrants as whose certificate is not their own. No on-site pick-up is available on the morning of the race day and the entrants shall claim the race items at the designated place within the specified time;
3. The race items can be claimed by the entrants only.
(vi) Notes for race wristband
Race wristband is an important proof for the entrants to participate in the race and get souvenirs. The event staff will wear the wristband on the spot for the entrants when distributing such items. The entrants shall not remove, damage or transfer the wristband. Otherwise, the Organizing Committee has rights to refuse the entrants in question to enter the starting area and to hand souvenirs to those whose wristband is damaged.
(i) Service Tel: 400-99-42195-1
(Working hours: 9:30-12:00, 13:00-18:30 Monday to Saturday)
(ii) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing Committee of 2018 Xi'an International Marathon
August 23, 2018