Ⅰ. Basic information about the race
(Ⅰ) Race date and departure time
START 7:30, March 24th, 2019
(Ⅱ) Race events
Marathon (42.195 km），Half-marathon（21.0975 km），Mini-marathon（5 km）
Ⅱ. Applicants’ qualifications
(Ⅰ) Age requirements
1. Marathon event, aged above 20 (born before Dec. 31, 1999);
2. Half-marathon event, aged above 18 (born before Dec. 31, 2001);
3. Mini-marathon event, aged above 3 (born before Dec. 31, 2016);
Cautions: With regard to minors (less than 18 years old) who sign up for the race, their custodians or legal representatives must sign Disclaimers for the Race on the site before the participants can receive the articles of race participation and participate in the race. With regard to minors aged less than 16 who sign up for the race, their custodians or legal representatives must sign up for the same event and accompany the participants all the time; otherwise, the participants cannot receive articles of race participation or pass the roll-call to participate in the race.)
(II) Requirement for the physical status of participants
Marathon is a high-load, high-intensity and long-distance competitive sport, and is also a high-risk competitive sport, with a high requirement for the physical status of participants. Participants shall be physically healthy and shall have the foundation of long-term participation in running exercise. Those with the following physical status shall not apply for the competition:
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebral vascular diseases;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia;
6. Having caught a cold within two weeks before the date of competition;
8. Other diseases unsuitable for sports.
The Organization Committee demands each participant to receive physical examination at a hospital at or above the county level before the competition. Only those whose examination result is “healthy” can participate in the competition; otherwise, the participants shall be individually responsible for any personal injury or property loss attributed to their personal physical status or any other personal status.
Ⅲ. Application-related information
(Ⅰ) Time of application
10:00, Dec. 11th, 2018 to 17:00, Dec. 25th, 2018
(Ⅱ) Time for publicizing the lot-drawing results
On the afternoon of Jan. 7th, 2019
(Ⅲ) Time of payment
From the publicity of the lot-drawing results to 17:00, Jan. 17th, 2019
(Ⅴ) Fee of application
(Ⅵ) Way of application
1. The total number of applicants for Marathon shall not exceed 20,000. The total number of applicants for Half-marathon shall not exceed 10,000. The total number of applicants for Mini-marathon shall not exceed 3,000. If the total number of applicants for an event exceeds the above quota, the qualifications for the race shall be acquired in the way of lot-drawing + alternate.
2. Process of application: log into the official website to fill in the application information→ select the event for participation→read the Statement of Race Participation → fill in the participation information→ wait for lot-drawing → the lot-winning contestant pays the application fee to obtain the participation qualification / the lot-losing contestant pays the application fee to obtain the alternate qualification.
3. Way of lot-drawing: The lot drawing will begin on Jan. 7th, 2019. The lot-winning participants and the alternate codes of lot-losing participants will be selected through one-off random selection. The results of lot-drawing will be publicized on that day. The applicants can log into the official website of the race for query.
4. The lot-winning participants need to pay the application fee prior to 17:00, Jan. 17th, 2019; otherwise they shall be regarded as having waived their participation qualifications on their initiatives. The vacant quota will be released to the participants whose alternate serial numbers rank in the front after 10:00, Jan. 18th, 2019.
5. The lot-losing participants who agree to queue up as an alternate also need to pay the application fee prior to 17:00, Jan. 17th, 2019; otherwise they shall be regarded as having waived their alternate chance on their initiatives. The relevant alternate serial numbers will not be reserved.
6. Alternation and withdrawal from the application:
（1）Alternation mechanism: If the participants who have acquired the participation quota cannot participate in the race at last, they can go through the withdrawal formalities on the official website. After they withdraw, the participants whose alternate serial numbers rank in the front will replace them.
（2）Refund rules: Each contestant can complete the refund application by clicking on the “withdraw from application” button on the homepage of the official website, entering the number of his/her certificate and having his/her mobile phone number verified. In case of withdrawal on or before Feb. 15th, 2019, 80% of application fee will be refunded. In case of withdrawal from Feb. 16th, 2019 to March 5th, 2019, 50% of application fee will be refunded. Within one week after the withdrawal application is submitted, the application fee will be refunded to the account to which the relevant contestant paid at the time of application. The withdrawal formalities shall be completed prior to March 5th, 2019.
With regard to the participants who fail to become an alternate successfully after March 5th, 2019, the Organization Committee will, within one week, fully refund their application fee to the account to which the relevant participants paid at the time of application.
No application for the public welfare event shall be accepted after the quota is fully reached. Once the application is confirmed, no refund request will be accepted.
(Ⅶ) Lot-drawing rules
1. According to The Measures for the Implementation of the Rating of Mass participants of Marathon and Related Sports in the Territory of China, the participants whose previous results have reached the “elite” level can be exempted from lot drawing, and can be directly granted the participation qualifications. The concrete implementation measures are as follows:
(1) The participants applying for the marathon event: In the data about the result of any “Class-A1 competition” certified by Chinese Athletic Association held from Dec. 1, 2016 to Dec. 1, 2018 that can be tracked down on the website of “website: runchina.org.cn”, the result of the marathon event reaches the straight-through standard of 2019 Wuxi Marathon:
The straight-through standard for the result of the marathon event is as follows:
(2) The participants applying for the Half-marathon event: In the data of the result of any “Class-A1 competition” certified by Chinese Athletic Association held from Dec. 1, 2016 to Dec. 1, 2018 that can be tracked down on the website of “website: runchina.org.cn”, the result of the half-Marathon event reaches the straight-through standard of 2019 Wuxi Marathon:
The straight-through standard for the result of the half-Marathon event is as follows:
2. The participants who have applied for any race event of Wuxi Marathon for at least four sessions from 2014 to 2018 and having acquired the participation qualification (excluding the participants applying for refund after acquiring the participation quota) can be exempted from lot-drawing and can be directly granted the participation qualification.
3. There is a total quota of 200/100 applicants for the public welfare of the marathon event/the half-marathon event of this race respectively. The application will be rejected after the total quota is reached. The participants applying for the public-welfare quota can be exempted from lot drawing and be directly granted the participation qualification. Once the application for the public-welfare quota is confirmed, withdrawal from application will be rejected.
4. To specially-invited participants, official speedometers, title sponsors, sponsors, partners and official media, the Organization Committee will uniformly allocate a certain amount of participation quota.
(Ⅷ) The measures for the handicapped participants’ application for the race
With regard to the measures for the handicapped participants’ application for the race, please refer to the relevant provisions of The Notice on Handicapped participants’ Participation in National Marathon and Related Sport Competitions on the official website of Chinese Athletic Association;
1. Considering the track conditions, a group of racing wheelchairs will not be set for this race, that is, racing wheelchair participants will be prohibited from participating in this race.
2. While applying for this race, the handicapped participants (including non-racing wheelchair ones) must reach the age and health requirements for the participants of various events of 2019 Wuxi Marathon, pay the application fee according to the application requirements, and participate in the unified application lot-drawing after the quota of application for the race is exceeded.
3. Before starting to run, participants with visual disorders, aural disorders, intellectual disability or upper-limb disability shall rally and pass the roll-call in the corresponding zone together with healthy participants. In order to ensure their own safety and the safety of other participants, non-racing wheelchair participants must rally and pass the roll-call in the zone designated by the Organization Committee and depart together at the time of race.
4. For the safety of all participants, participants with visual disorders must be accompanied by running companions all the way during the race, and other handicapped participants and non-racing wheelchair participants are also suggested to invite running companions for the race. All running companions must be selected from the participants who have won the lots during the application for the race, and a request can also be made to the Organization Committee for assisting in recruiting the running companions.
(Ⅸ) Mode of payment
All participants in the race can make payment via Alipay, Wechat or Paypal.
Ⅳ. Receipt of articles of race participation
(Ⅰ) The time of receipt of articles of race participation
10:00~20:00, March 21st, 2019
9:00~20:00, March 22nd, 2019
9:00~21:00, March 23rd, 2019
(No site will be set for receipt of articles on the morning of the race day. Please make reasonable arrangement for your journey.)
(Ⅱ) The place of receipt of articles of race participation
Wuxi Taihu International Expo Center
(Ⅲ) Vouchers for receipt of articles
1. The participants from mainland China must bring along with them the originals of the resident ID cards within their valid period;
2. participants from Hong Kong (China) and Macao (China) shall bring with them the originals of the permits for residents of Hong Kong and Macao to travel to and from the mainland;
3. participants from Taiwan (China) must bring along with them the originals of the permits for Taiwan residents to travel to and from the mainland
4. participants who are not of Chinese nationality must bring along with them the originals of their passports;
5. With regard to minors without ID cards, their guardians or legal representatives must bring along with them the originals of their guardian certificates and the originals of their household registers, and go through the formalities for receipt of articles together with the participants themselves.
With regard to those who do not have the above-mentioned certificates will be prohibited from receiving articles of race participation.
(Ⅳ) Notes for receipt of articles
The articles of race participation must be received by the participants themselves. On the site of receipt, the face recognition technology will be used to confirm the participants’ identities one by one. With regard to the participants who are inconsistent with their certificates, the Organization Committee will refuse to issue the articles to them.
(Ⅴ) Notes for receipt and mailing of articles
1. The applicants who cannot participate in the race at last for some reason can apply for the mailing service of the articles of race participation other than the number cloth, chip and wristband after the race via the official website of the race, and shall pay for the mailing on their own. Please pay attention to the Public Notice on the official website after the race for the detailed mode of application.
2. The chips, number cloths and wristbands of participants shall only be personally received by the participants themselves. The participants must bring along with them the originals of their second-generation ID cards to receive the articles. On the site of receipt, the participants shall be verified in comparison with their certificates. In case of any mismatching, the Organization Committee will have the right to refuse to issue articles of race participation to them. No site will be set for receipt of articles on the morning of the race day. The participants must arrive at the designated site to receive articles of race participation within the designated period.
3. The clothing size information of participants will not be collected at the time of application. The participants shall select the clothing of the corresponding sizes as needed on the site of issuance;
4. Receipt by proxy is rejected for this race.
(Ⅵ) Notes for the wristbands of race participation
As important vouchers for the participants to participate in the race and receive the souvenirs of race completion, wristbands must be put by the site staff on the participants on the site of receipt of articles. The participants shall not take off, damage or transfer the wristbands on their own; otherwise the Organization Committee shall have the right to deny the participants’ access to the “starting area”, and shall have the right to refuse to issue souvenirs of race completion to the participants whose wristbands bear any obvious damage sign.
V Contacts of the Organization Committee
(I) Service Tel: 400-99-42195 Ext. 1
(Work Time: 9:00-18:00 from Monday to Saturday)
Wuxi Marathon Organization Committee
December 8th, 2018