1. Race Information
1) Race date: Sunday, March 25, 2018
2) Start time: 7:30 a.m.
Half Marathon (21.0975km)
Mini Marathon (5km)
2. Registration Qualification
1. Marathon: At least 20 years old by race day (born in 1998 or before).
2. Half Marathon: At least 18 years old by race day (born in 2000 or before).
3. Mini Marathon: At least 3 years old by race day (born in 2015 or before).
Note: If juveniles (under the age of 18) enroll in the race, guardians must sign the disclaimer before receiving their race pack and participating in the competition.
2) Physical requirement:
Marathon is an athletic sport of high load and great intensity over long distances. It is also a high risk athletic sport which has high physical demands on participants. Those who wish to participate in Marathon race shall be in healthy condition, have experience in running and have completed training with distance over half-marathon. Anyone who has any of the following diseases are not recommended to participate:
1. Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease.
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease.
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases.
4. Coronary artery disease and server irregular heartbeat.
6. Having cold symptoms two weeks prior to the race.
7. Other diseases that is not suitable for sports.
3. Registration Information
From 10:00 on December 23th, 2017 to 22:00 on January 8th, 2018.
January 15th, 2018
From publishing lottery result to 22:00 on January 20th, 2018
4）Registration for Charity Entry
From 10:00 on December 23th, 2017 to 22:00 on January 15th, 2018
Marathon: ¥160 RMB / person or $25 USD / person;
Half Marathon: ¥160 RMB / person or $25 USD / person;
Mini marathon: ¥80 RMB / person or $15 USD / person;
Charity Entry: ¥1600 RMB / person or $250 USD / person.
1. Maximum of 20,000 people for marathon, and 7,000 people for half marathon. If registration exceeds the marathon and half-marathon limit, a lottery selection will be used to decide who gets the qualification. Maximum of 3,000 people for mini marathon, based on first-come-first-served basis.
2. Registration Process:
Log on official website and fill in registration information
Read and agree to the disclaimer
Fill in race information
Wait the result of lottery selection
The successful register can finish payment to get the qualification / Unsuccessful register can finish payment to enter the waiting list
3. Lottery selection method: The result of lottery selection will be published on January 15th. Participants can log on official website to check their result or their order in the wait list.
4. Successful participant of the lottery selection should finish the payment before 22:00 on January 20th, otherwise the participant has to give up the qualification, which will be given to the participant on the top of waiting list after 22:00 on January 20th.
5. Unsuccessful participant of the lottery selection who are willing to enter the waiting list should finish payment before January 20th, otherwise the participant has to give up the opportunity.
6. Waiting List:
Participants who have already get the race qualification can choose to quit on the official website. When a participant quits, the participants on the top of the waiting list shall take the qualification.
Participants can have their registration fee back within a week after quit application, and they can get 80% registration fee back before February 18th, 2018; get 50% registration fee back before March 5th, 2018. After March 5th, refund application will be unacceptable.
Participants in the waiting list who do not get qualification can get full registration a week after March 5th.
Charity entry participants can only have registration fee back if applying refund. Charity donation will not be refunded.
7）Lottery Selection Method
1. Charity Entry: 200 charity entries free of lottery for Marathon and Half Marathon based on first-come-first-served basis.
2. According to the "China Domestic Marathon and Related Athletic Events Ranking Evaluation and Implementation Method,” released on January 1, 2018 by the China Athletics Association, participants who have reached "Elite Class" are exempt from the lottery selection, and may directly receive their qualifications. Specific implementation measures are:
1) Registered marathon participants: as of January 1, 2018, in the "China Marathon" web site (http://www.runchina.org.cn) result database, participants whose marathon result certified by the CAA as an “A1-class Race” had reached “Elite Class”, can directly receive their qualifications.
2) Registered half marathon participants: as of January 1, 2018, in the "China Marathon" web site (http://www.runchina.org.cn) result database, participants whose half marathon result certified by the CAA as an “A1-class Race” had reached “Elite Class”, can directly receive their qualifications.
Participants may pay through online banking service, Alipay, WeChat, or PayPal.
4. Race Pack Collection
1) Race Pack Collection Time
From 14:00 to 20:00 on March 22th, 2018
From 09:00 to 20:00 on March 23th, 2018
From 09:00 to 21:00 on March 23th, 2018
2) Race Pack Collection Location
Wuxi (Specific Location will be published before the race on the official website.)
Qualified participants must take valid ID or passport (original) to the organizing committee's designated place to pick up their race pack at designated time. Participant cannot pick up their race pack on the day of the race, so participants should arrange their time to collect race pack probably. Participants who cannot pick up their race pack can have someone picked up their rack pack, but the timing chip, participants’ race wristband and bib cannot be picked up by other people.
3) Race Wristband
Race wristband must be worn by the staff member on the spot during race pack collection. Before the race ends, race wristband cannot be taken off or damaged. Race wristband is also the certificate for finisher’s items.
9. Contact Information
Official website: wuximarathon.com
Organizing Committee of Wuxi Marathon
December 15th, 2017